What is a more dangerous job a firefighter or police officer
An officer is killed in the line of duty every 57 hours.About 100 firefighters per year are killed while on duty. Cha Cha!
More Answers to "What is a more dangerous job a firefighter or police officer"
- Which job pays more? Firefighter or Police officer?
- It is common practice for police officers to make more money (slightly) than firefighters within the same city. Police also make more money in OT and court pay - firefighters usually have less opportunities for OT. Firefighters usually work...
- Why do people choose a risky job as police officer or firefighter...?
- Being a police officer is honorable. Some people choose to be police officers because they want a job that comes with a lot of responsibility. Being a police officer truly gives you the ability to help people when they need it most. Some pe...
- Would a Police officer or a Firefighter be a more Fun job??
- choose what you want and what you love but there are no fun in those jobs
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Most dangerous job, of the following?
- Q: On an overall average, which profession is the most dangerous of:FirefighterPolice OfficerActive Duty MilitaryCoal MinerI know a lot of these jobs are pretty broad in description, and active duty military can be anything from front line fighting during a time of war, or something as safe as doing office work doing peace time.Of course, firefighters are only at risk when they are fighting fire.Police officers are at risk anytime they are on patrol, but the ones with desk jobs obviously aren't at risk.Coal miners are at risk every time they work.On average, which profession results in the most causalities and the most injuries?
- A: I know a cop who was a Marine (and he did some crazy stuff is all I know) until '03 or '04 and he said being a police officer is more dangerous. Reasons:A Marine has his buddies at all times around him. A Marine doesn't go into action as much as people think, maybe a few times a week for hours at a time. A Marine can blow up a building that an enemy is in.It's easier to distinguish an enemy from civilian in the military world (still very hard especially over in the ME obviously, but hiding an AK is not easy thing).Vs. a cop who is alone at least for starters. He doesn't know what the threat is at all. He can't blow up a building that they bad guys are in, and he needs to be more careful than the military so he doesn't hurt civilians (he's in contact with civilians more, since a "civilian" is the one that's a threat as well).Deaths would be military, then police, then firefighters. But remember that there are like 3x as many military as police for our country, so numbers would make it a little different. Injuries would probably be a tie between military and police (though military is probably more grave considering IEDs etc). All of the police i know have had an injury related to duty: shot, stabbed, and broken bones being the main ones. Can't say about coal miners though. I don't know much about that work.
- I want to be a police officer or a firefighter...?
- Q: Ello,I'm a fourteen year old girl and for the longest time, I've always wanted to either be a police officer, firefighter, or go into the military. The problem is that my family doesn't support me at all and are doing everything in their power to persuade me out of this profession. I mean, I do understand how hard and how dangerous it all is, but I wish they would just be a little more open to the idea.What can I say to get them to understand, or atleast get used to the idea?Also, anyone who's ever been a police officer, firefighter, or someone in the military:What did you think of your job? What did you have to study in college? How old were you when you began? How did your friends and family react?Thanks in advance :)
- A: I am a cop...i will tell you..... be a fire fighter!!!!As a cop the hours suck and everyone hates the police. We do our jobs and unfortunately people don't like us because we cost them money are take away family members.. Also when a cop messes up he/she puts a bad name on the rest of us, even though 99% of us are not assholes.As a firefighter the hours are better (more time off), and who does not love a fire fighter! Obviously the danger is still in the job and you still get an adrenaline rush. Be a fire fighter!!!hope this helps
- Are human babies more likely to be born male?
- Q: I'm aware that women have longer lifespans than men, and men predominantly go to war, are firefighters, police officers, hold the more dangerous jobs. Yet the ratio of men to women is practically 1 to 1, women only make up 51% of the population. Are there an studies that back up my hypothesis that a baby is more likely to be male then female?
- A: All babies get an X chromosome from their mothers and either an X or Y chromosome from their father. Therefore the possibility of a baby getting an X from the father or a Y from the father is exactly 50%. So why wouldn't their be a ratio of 1:1 from men and women?
Prev Question: What are some good work ethics