Do bearded dragons hibernate
Yes, bearded dragons need to hibernate in order to complete their breeding cycles. A two month period, Dec. - Feb. is suggested.
More Answers to "Do bearded dragons hibernate"
- If you feed your dragons a feast of crickets, vegetables and milworms at winter time, They tend to get into a corner and hibernate
- LMAO to guy above this bearded dragons are day animals NOT night! i live in the U.S and i breed them for a living they are up daring the day and sleep at night and to answer your question YES! bearded dragons go into "brumating" w...
- how long do bearded dragons shread there skin how is htat supposed to help me?
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long do female Bearded Dragons hibernate for?
- Q: I am having trouble with the timers going off & on My son left his Breaded Dragon with me She won't eat I have gotten 3 or 4 mice They died Now there is one mice in his 150 gal tank but she won't eat Should I worry more than I have already?I am having trouble with the timers working the lights off & on
- A: Beardies do not eat mice!!!!!!!!Their diet consists mainly of veggies, fruit, and insects such as crickets!Take the mouse out of the cage. It will harm the beardie!You will probably get complete feeding menus from other repliers but for now feed him:crickets (from a pet store) that are powered (the pet store can show you the powder for them)Never lettuce or spinach, but other greens like chard, dandelion greens and blooms (DO NOT USE ANY THAT HAVE pesticides or weed killer on them), shredded or ground up carrots, or sliced apple. I tried to think of things you might have available. Quick, get that mouse out of the cage!
- Do bearded dragons hibernate?
- Q: If so should you feed them a lot beforehand so they fatten up a little?
- A: they don't exactly hibernate but they go through a period called brumation (which induced with temperature and daylight hours) where they sleep a lot and eat little right before they breed.Here's a linkhttp://lllreptile.com/info/library/care-and-husbandry-articles/-/reptilian-brumation/
- How often should my bearded dragon hibernate?
- Q: it seams like he's always sleeping. Even when I turn his light on all he wants to do is sleep. Should I make him wake up? He doesn't eat and doesn't drink for weeks.
- A: 1 time a year
Prev Question: Is eel a type of fish