How do you know if a turtle is dead
Tempt the turtle with food, poke at him with a soft object to try to get him to move. If that doesnt work, flip it over on shell.
More Answers to "How do you know if a turtle is dead"
- ･ 1 Gently poke at him. You can use a soft stick or your finger to see if you can get the turtle to move... ･ 2 Tempt him with food. Pick out the tastiest treat you know he loves and offer it to him. ･ 3 Turn him over and look at his unders...
- a turtle is dead when it doesnt move, has stiff joints and has yellow eyeballs.
- I have a turtle that I named him this: Love, 'cause he has one of those scales mark things like a shape of a heart. Anyways, to know if hes dead see if hes moving or not. Pick them up if you have to. If he swims, see if hes floating, that m...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to get a dead turtle out of its shell?
- Q: I need a turtle shell for my biology project. I found a dead turtle and i set it in an ant pile. about half of the turtle is gone but all the ants are gone due to the cold weather. does anyone know how to get the turtle out faster.
- A: Well you have to understand that the turtle's skeleton is attached to the inside of the shell, so it wont all come off. You should maybe go speak to someone who does taxadermy in oyur area. They most likely use some sort of beetle (Dermestidae) to clean the flesh off of dead animals. so just ask them if they have any Dermestid beetles you could have
- How do you know when a Mississippi Turtle is dead?
- Q: when do you know when a Mississippi turtle is dead ?
- A: by the smell..
- How to tell if my turtle is dead?
- Q: I'm not sure if my turtle is dead or not, but I was wondering if anybody might know. When I came home from school today, my turtle was floating on its back with its limbs stick out. He feels kind of stiff, and his eyes are slightly open. The water is was room-temperature. And his head was underneath the water. I suspect that my turtle had flipped onto its back and drowned while I was at school, however, I'm still not sure. By any chance, is my turtle in a deep sleep or is it hibernating or something?
- A: First of all its not hibernating its the middel of spring unless your in the south hemisphere. If you see pealing in the shell or any white gunk its dead. Their eyes are allways open they have clear eyelids. Also if its a red eared slider ( it has red ears and yellow on the bottom) if the bottom becomes pale its dead.
Prev Question: What do guinea pigs eat