How long does it take for a dead mouse to decompose
6-8 months for complete decomposition of a mouse but the smell of a dead mouse usually goes away after a month.
More Answers to "How long does it take for a dead mouse to decompose"
- How long does it take a dead mouse in the wall to decompose and s...?
- FIRST OFF. DO NOT try and cut it out of the wall, unless you are made of money. you would literally have to cut the Whole wall out to see where its at. just because you smell is 'over here' doesnt meant thats where it is. it could be down b...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for a dead mouse to start to smell?
- Q: A few years ago I had a BAD mouse infestation. After they were all gone I forgot I left some glue traps out. This week I started smelling the decomposing mouse smell and after digging found a dead mouse stuck to a glue trap under my dresser. My question is, about how long after a mouse dies does it take before you start to smell it decomposing? Could this mouse have died last year or the year before -or- does this mean I have mice again? (augh)
- A: You have mice again, And they do stink bad, It takes about 2 days then in 3-4 it really kicks all in all for it to go away is 1 wk 10 days. Where there is 1 mouse there is 3 hiding.
- How long does it take a dead mouse in the wall to decompose and stop stinking?
- A: FIRST OFF. DO NOT try and cut it out of the wall, unless you are made of money. you would literally have to cut the Whole wall out to see where its at. just because you smell is 'over here' doesnt meant thats where it is. it could be down by the floor or 10 feet another way and close to the ceiling.next. as far as the smell. it really depends, if its a mouse, a week maybe two. but if its a squirrel, roof rat or norway rat, it could take up to 4 weeks before you notice a difference. also, again, depending on the size, you may start having blow flies inside the house near that area. get a can of raid, and some fly traps, the fly traps are great but they are sticky, so when you hang them from the ceiling, be careful, i have gotten my hair stuck in them several times. lol.MOST IMPORTANT. you need to find the exclusion they are coming through into the house. with winter approaching, if those openings are not sealed, you can expect more down the line.finally, there are several odorcides on the market. the best ones are going to be at the pest supply store. this is where pest operators go to purchase their chemicals. not all, but some do sell to the general public. just open the phone book to 'PEST' or PEST CONTROL. and keep flipping the pages, eventually you will see PEST SUPPLIES. good luck to you! i know how horrible it is. been there myself.
- I think that there is a dead mouse in the wall. How long until it decomposes and the small goes away?
- Q: Also, I can'y quite seem to be able to smell where it is coming from in teh kitchen. Is there some trick to finding it? I have inlaws here this weekend so it would be nice for the house not to smell of rotting mouse.
- A: About a week maybe two. When they are in the wall you just can't find them. When it is hot the smell can get really bad but then it goes away faster too.
Prev Question: Can fleas fly or do they only jump