How long does it take for a check to clear in a bank
It's common for out-of-state checks to take seven days or more to "clear". Local checks can clear in a couple days. ChaCha On!
More Answers to "How long does it take for a check to clear in a bank"
- How long does it take for a check to clear the bank??
- His check may not clear for another two business days. However, if he stopped payment on the check, and he did not have a valid reason for doing so, you may be able to recover your money in small claims court. Most people don't realize they...
- Can anyone tell me how long it takes a cheque to clear in the nat...?
- From Natwest website: Whenever you pay a cheque into your account, we have to collect the payment from the bank of the person or business who wrote the cheque. Normally, in applying the central clearing cycle it takes three working days (in...
- What is a "local" check?
- Where does Appendix A of Reg CC define a local check? We were previously written up by auditors for treating checks with routing #'s within our Fed District as a non-local check. They consider a local check to be only checks processed thro...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why does it take so freakin long for a check to clear the bank?
- Q: I having to spend around a check that has not cleared in the bank yet.. why does it take so dag on long?
- A: They have to make sure it is a legitimate check, especially if it is a paycheck. If you do direct deposit for your paychecks you won't have to wait so long and you will help save trees!
- How long does it take chase bank to clear a check.?
- Q: I usually get my tax refund direct deposited but I didnt this year because I was in the process of switching banks.How long will it take my check to clear.The check will be about 7000 dollars
- A: you should e mail THEM and ask this question. I would assume that since it is from a business (the IRS), it will clear when you deposit it. If it were a personal check from someone, then they might hold it until they know that that person does in fact have the money. I have had this happen to me at my credit union. A personal check was written to me and it was several hundred dollars. They processed my check BUT the money wasn't available to me for 72 hours. But I doubt your bank would hold a check that is from the IRS.
- How long does it take a Chase check to clear Chase Bank?
- Q: I have an account with Chase bank. I am expecting a check for a student loan from Chase. When I deposit that check into my checking acount how long will it take for those funds to be made available?Thanks in advanced.
- A: It should be available right away since it was drawn on the same bank. The only way it shouldn't be is if the account the check was from didn't have enough money in it to pay the check.
Prev Question: What is the average income tax percentage for Americans