How much does it cost to make quarters
That is a great question! The cost of minting a quarter is 7.33 cents. A dime is 3.14; a nickle is 4.56 & a penny is .93 cents.
More Answers to "How much does it cost to make quarters"
- How much does it cost to make a quarter? yes the coin.??
- According to the US Mint 2008 Annual Report, page 30, the cost of making a quarter dollar is 10.90 cents. The metal slug before a coin is made is called a planchet, and the only way I know of to find a blank planchet is through an error coi...
- How much does it cost to make a penny,nickel,dime,quarter and dol...?
- The cost of making coins vary as the prices of the metals in them change. As of about a year ago the costs were about $0.0167 for a penny $0.077 for a nickel $0.04 for a dime $0.10 for a quarter $0.16 for a dollar coin $0.064 for a dollar b...
- Does it cost more to make a quarter or print a dollar??
- Initially it costs more to make coins of any denomination. However, the life expectancy of a paper dollar is about seven months. The life expectancy of a coin can be a 100 years. In real terms, coins last longer so they are ultimately cheap...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much does it cost to make penny? (first right answer for this and the next question wins)?
- Q: and how much does it cost to make a quarter?thanks in advance, and all answers get a thumbs up (1 point) by me.
- A: to make a penny you need a penny. to make a quarter you need a quarter =)
- How much does it cost to take three quarters at Everest Institute for massage therapy?
- A: ask the school. How would anyone else know but them???
- How much does the materials for a dollar, penny, nickel, dime, and quarter cost?
- Q: So, if I were to buy the materials they use for a penny, how much would it cost?Same thing with a dollar, dime, nickel, and quarter, how much do their materials cost?
- A: A penny, which consists of 97.5 percent zinc and 2.5 percent copper, cost 1.26 cents to make as of Tuesday. And a nickel -- 75 percent copper and the rest nickel -- cost 7.7 cents, based on current commodity prices, according to the Mint.
Prev Question: Does a for profit buisness have to pay taxes