Which color has the longest wavelength on the spectrum
The longest wavelengths are on the read side of the spectrum. The visible red light has a wavelength of about 650 nm.
More Answers to "Which color has the longest wavelength on the spectrum"
- What are the colors of the visible spectrum from long to short wa...?
- Roy G Biv Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet
- What is the longest wavelength in EM Spectrum?
- Radio Waves have the longest wavelength. the longest measured wavelength was about 30 million kilometers, a very rare recording.
- Why is the fluorescence spectrum at a longer wavelength than the ...?
- Because of the Franck-Condon Principle, absorption will probably take you to a vibrationally excited state of the electronically excited state. Usually, this relaxes to the vibrational ground state of the electronically excited state, dissi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Of the waves of the Visible spectrum which color has the longest wavelength?
- Q: A. Red B. Orange C. Yellow D. Green E. Blue F. Indigo G. Violet
- A: that would be A. red and here it even is in the right order of wavelength violet having the shortest wavelength of the visible spectrum. below red is infrared followed by microwaves an radio. on the other end of the spectrum you then have ultraviolet x-ray gamma ray and cosmic ray.
- which color has the longest wavelength?
- Q: within the visible spectrum of light.
- A: red
- can the color of clothes affect how you feel?
- Q: In science class we going over photosynthesis and the Electromagnetic spectrum. I was just thinking that since the shortest wavelengths on the Electromagnetic Spectrum are very harmful to human life (Gamma and X-rays) couldn't the longer wavelengths of colors from the visible light spectrum have some kind of effect? and if so wouldn't each color have a different effect B/C of the different wavelengths of light. I'm not saying that your Clothes would give you cancer or anything. Im just asking if having clothes that are a certain color has any effect on you both physically and mentally
- A: Yes they totally do. For example ..... in tropical countries near the equator the high school students wear white uniforms ... the reason been they reflect the sun and helps to keep the body cooler ... (trust me I know because I wore those uniforms for 18 years).Also I have noticed when I wear dark colored clothes depending on the color (specially blue and red) ... it is warmer.while in the USA during winter most people wear black coats which helps to absorb sun. The more darker my coats and clothes are the warmer I feel in the winter.All this has to do with the sun and it's color reflective and absorption ability. Here's a good site to read. http://windowoutdoors.com/WindowOutdoors/Color%20and%20Thermal%20Regulation.html
Prev Question: What happens to an object in motion when it experiences a nonzero net external force