How much money do you get from recycling soda cans
Ranges from 45 to 60 cents per pound. In Virgina cans are weighed and pay 60 cent per pound.
More Answers to "How much money do you get from recycling soda cans"
- How much money could I get for recycling soda cans.??
- Some place on the can it should say, but in the event it does not, most states pay 5¢ and a few pay 10¢ per can. I believe they have guidelines on the condition of the cans in how they are turned in; I don't think you can crush them to fit ...
- How much money could I get for recycling soda cans, glass, and pl...?
- You can indeed make some extra money by simply recycling your household aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and glass containers. My family seperates our recyclables into three plastic bins and then turns them into our local recycling center on...
- How much money do i get if i recycle water bottles and soda cans??
- It's definitely worth it to save them up and take them into the recycling center. They don't pay me per can, but by weight. After about a year of piling bags of cans in the garage I took them in and got 80 something dollars.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How I can I get money from recycling?
- Q: How can I get money from Recycling items such as Paper/Plastic/ andSoda cans. In the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- A: I am guessing from your question that Texas does not have a returnable bottle law. In my state people pay a 5 cent deposit on all nondairy beverage containers when they buy a soda, juice or beer. The empty bottles and cans can be brought to a redemption center where you get the deposit back. This law went into effect about 30 years ago to reduce the amount of litter along the roads and has been very successful at accomplishing that. When I go to New Hampshire where there is not a similar law the difference is very noticeable. Paper can be sold for recycling to paper mills. You would need to find a buyer or broker and learn how they want it sorted. They will probably want newsprint, cardboard and office paper all separated and baled. The price of paper is very low because the demand for paper is down. As more people get their news and do their shopping on line the demand for newsprint and catalogs has dropped. Plastic is so low in value that it is not profitable for an individual to recycle. The town I live in pays more to truck plastic to the recycler than what the recycler pays for the plastic. We continue to do it because it is less expensive than the tipping fees at the landfill. Glass falls into the same category as far as the economics of recycling are concerned. Metals are where the average person can make money recycling. I don't know the current prices but the highest price metals are copper, aluminum and lead. Steel, tin and iron are less valuable. Look in the yellow pages under scrap metals and you will find several companies that buy scrap metal. A couple phone calls should get all your questions answered. Ask about plastic, glass and paper at the same time. Some companies handle more than just metal. The scrap markets in Dallas will be different than here in Maine.
- How much money could I get for recycling soda cans, glass, and plastic in California?
- Q: I am trying to make a couple extra bucks and I figured recycling is a good way to make a couple extra bucks. So I was wondering how much money I could get by recycling soda cans, glass, plastic (like waterbottles), and paper/cardboard. 10 points for the most accurate and best info. Thanks
- A: You can indeed make some extra money by simply recycling your household aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and glass containers. My family seperates our recyclables into three plastic bins and then turns them into our local recycling center once a month. We usuallly get anywhere between $12.00 -$22.00 depending on how much we turn in. It doesn't take much effort, it helps the enviornment, and you are really just getting the money back since you pay extra for the CRV (California Redemption Value) when you buy the can, bottle, or container at the store. To find the nearest recycling center in your area, use the link below and enter your zip code.For more information, I would suggest checking with the Integrated Waste Management Board. The Board is partnering with the private sector, the EPA, and the other states to provide citizens with an environmental information system that can be customized for each community. The system, which operates over the Internet and through an interactive phone system, provides a single source of community-specific environmental and recycling information. This information is available 24 hours a day over the Internet at www.earth911.org. and by dialing 1-800-CLEAN-UP. Once you enter your five-digit ZIP code, you'll be able to access a wide variety of information, including local recycling information, household hazardous waste collections, and environmental events.
- where in Broward county, Florida can i get money for recycling soda cans i collect and how much is it per lb?
- Q: per lb for aluminum?
- A: go to www.earth911.org to locate a local recycle center, there should be contact info so you can get the rate.
Prev Question: How are we supposed to stop global warming